Fall and Spring
Monday: 9:10 AM - 5:20 PM
Tuesday: 9:10 AM - 5:20 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 8:20 PM
Thursday: 9:10 AM - 5:20 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Tuesday: Noon - 4:00 PM
Wednesday: Noon - 4:00 PM
Thursday: Noon - 4:00 PM
To make an appointment for tutoring:
Call our front desk: 973.353.5847
Come into the Writing Center: Conklin 126
Email us: email@example.com
Becoming a Tutor: Requirements
In order to be considered for a Writing Tutor position, you must:
- Have at a 3.0 grade point average
- Have an A or B in both English Composition 101 and 102
- Be recommended by two professors
- Be interested in learning about diverse ways of thinking, learning, and communicating
- Be a good writer yourself
How to Apply
There are four steps to applying for a writing tutor position:
- Application: You will need to complete the following application form and submit it to Writing Center Director, Marne Benson, (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with an informal copy of your most recent transcript.
- Recommendation: You need to be recommended by two professors. (Recommending professors can use the following forms or can email Writing Center Director, Marne Benson, at email@example.com.)
- Interview: During the interview, the Writing Center Director will ask a series of questions to learn more about you, explain what's involved in being a tutor, and answer any questions you have. You do not need to bring anything to the interview.
- Writing/Reading Sample: At the end of the interview, you'll be asked to read and respond in writing to a sample student essay.
- Training and Evaluation: If hired as a tutor, you will be required to participate in ongoing tutor training and evaluations.
Writing Center Manager