FALL 2021 TUTORING (September 13 - December 10, 2021)
Welcome to Fall 2021! The Writing Center will open for tutoring this fall on Monday, September 13, 2021 and will continue through Friday, December, 2021. (There will be no tutoring during Thanksgiving week, November 22-26, 2021). Writing tutors will work with you to support your writing and to help you improve skills in critical reading, written analysis, organization, use of sources, and grammar and syntax. Tutoring will be in person this fall, with some remote appointments available.
FALL 2021 HOURS
Mondays: 9:15 am to 5:30 pm
Tuesdays: 9:15 am to 5:30 pm
Wednesdays: 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
Thursdays: 9:15 am to 5:30 pm
Fridays: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
CHOOSE ONE OF TWO WAYS TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
1. Make an appointment through the Navigate Portal:
- Go to the Navigate Portal
- Click on the “Make an Appointment” button and then enter your NetID and Password
- On the new screen, choose the following:
· Care Unit: Tutoring
· Location: Either In Person: Writing Center*Conklin Hall*Room 126 OR Virtual Meeting
· Service: Writing Tutoring
- Choose the date and time from the list available and confirm
- Once you have made your appointment, you will be sent a confirmation. If you have chosen Virtual Meeting, your confirmation will contain the webex or zoom link to meet with your tutor
2. Call Us
- Call the Writing Center, 973-353-5847, during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
ABOUT THE WRITING CENTER
The Rutgers University-Newark Writing Center provides tutoring for students who want to strengthen their reading, writing, and research skills and offers individual sessions and writing workshops to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in classes on the Rutgers University-Newark campus. Tutors support students in becoming more independent readers and writers capable of responding well to the demands of academic writing. Tutoring is for students who want to strengthen their reading, writing, and research skills.
How You Will Learn
The tutoring staff at the Writing Center is comprised of Writing Program faculty as well as undergraduate and graduate students from a variety of disciplines. Tutors can help students clarify an assignment; generate ideas; expand on their writing; review and revise drafts; improve grammar and style; and strengthen reading and editing skills.