What is academic coaching?
Academic coaching is a process in which a student wishing to improve their performance and an academic coach work in a one-on-one setting to develop learning skills. Together with the academic coach, the student examines their expectations, attitudes, beliefs, motivations, behaviors and external challenges to identify opportunities for improvement. The goal of coaching is to instill new perspectives and strategies that allow students to perform with more insight, efficiency and effectiveness.
Areas for discussion include but are not limited to: note taking, time management, prioritization and study habits.
How do I SIGN UP?:
- You may sign up for academic coaching through Run4Success.
- Once you log in you will select "SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT" on the top-right corner menu. You can book your 30-minute academic coaching appointment by inputting the requested information: •Reason: Advising: Other support services: academic skills coaching •Location: Learning Center, Bradley Hall 140, Bradley 403, Bradley 410, or Hill Hall 216. Please note that we have added additional hours and locations, but you may only search one location at a time. •Advisor: leave as "any advisor" to identify all openings. Input Alyssa LaPatriello, Learning Specialist or Melissa Barua, Academic Coach for specific coach availability.
While this search loads you may not see a loading icon. Please wait until it is complete.
To CANCEL your appointment:
- Log into your Run4Success account and locate appointment, select "cancel," and indicate the reason for cancellation.
Still having trouble?
- If you are unable to book an appointment using the above method please fill out the academic coaching request form (Google doc) in full.
- You can also request coaching in person at the Rutgers Learning Center (Bradley Hall, Room 140). Bradley Hall is located on the corner of Warren Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Contact Alyssa LaPatriello, Learning Specialist, at email@example.com if you have any questions.