CORONAVIRUS RELATED CHANGES
To speak with learning center personnel, please call us at 973-353-3494 between 9-5 PM, M-F. We will return your call immediately or within a short period after. You may also contact us via email at email@example.com.
While in center academic coaching has been canceled, coaching is still being offered virtually via telephone or online conference. You can schedule an appointment exactly as you did before via Run4Success. Additional instructions will be provided once you confirm your appointment.
What is academic coaching?
Academic coaching is a process in which a student wishing to improve their performance and an academic coach work in a one-on-one setting to develop learning skills. Together with the academic coach, the student examines their expectations, attitudes, beliefs, motivations, behaviors and external challenges to identify opportunities for improvement. The goal of coaching is to instill new perspectives and strategies that allow students to perform with more insight, efficiency and effectiveness.
Areas for discussion include but are not limited to: note taking, time management, prioritization and study habits.
How do I SIGN UP?:
- You may sign up for academic coaching through Run4Success.
- Once you log in you will select "SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT" on the top-right corner menu. You can book your 30-minute academic coaching appointment by inputting the requested information: •Reason: Advising: Other support services: academic skills coaching •Location: Learning Center, Bradley Hall 140 •Advisor: leave as "any advisor" to identify all openings. We will be adding more academic skills coaching time slots later in the semester so please check back for additional availability.
While this search loads you may not see a loading icon. Please wait until it is complete.
To CANCEL your appointment:
- Log into your Run4Success account and locate appointment, select "cancel," and indicate the reason for cancellation.
Still having trouble?
- If you are unable to book an appointment using the above method please fill out the academic coaching request form in full.
- You can also request coaching in person at the Rutgers Learning Center (Bradley Hall, Room 140). Bradley Hall is located on the corner of Warren Street and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Contact us by phone at 973-353-5608.