Rutgers University–Newark is committed to providing effective academic advising and assistance to all students:
- The Office of Academic Services provides expert advising for students looking for guidance on requirements, courses, and majors.
- The Academic Foundations Center provides academic opportunities, resources, and support programs for underrepresented students.
- The Learning Center provides tutoring, academic coaching, workshops, and supplemental instruction in a range of subjects.
- The Writing Center offers writing tutoring and writing workshops to all undergraduate students.
- The Program in American Language Studies (PALS) is the English as a Second Language program, providing English-language teaching and assistance to international students and community citizens.
- The Honors College enriches the educational experience of its students by providing them with enhanced opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
- The Career Development Center helps students align their education with their career goals, while offering career guidance, a career library, and training in preparing for and finding a job.
- The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISS) assists more than 1.000 international students, scholars and their dependents at Rutgers University-Newark.