The School of Arts and Sciences – Newark (SASN) Scholarship Program is now open and accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year!
Deadline to submit: Friday, June 2, 2023 (11:59pm)
There are two applications available:
- Application Deadline: Monday, May 8, 2023
- Funding available for 2023 Summer Research
- You must have a Rutgers-Newark faculty member who has agreed to serve as your research advisor to be considered
- An applicant’s SURF application is only complete when the following items have been submitted online:
- Research Proposal
- Copy of the Student’s Transcript
- Provide Research Faculty Advisor Name & Email Address (the faculty member will need to submit a reference letter by Monday, May 15th supporting your application)
- Selected recipients will be notified by end of May 2023; please keep in mind that this is a highly selective awarding process
- Check out this video for more information (Video from 2021 Application Presentation): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-PbWIcsfok
- Funding available for 2023-2024 Academic Year
- All undergraduate SASN students who complete the scholarship application (in its entirety) and are in good academic standing will be considered for a scholarship
- Must register for Fall 2023 courses to be considered
- Must have an established cumulative GPA at Rutgers University to be considered
- We will begin awarding students in August 2023, and will continuing the awarding process throughout the fall semester until funds are depleted.
Scholarship criteria vary and may be based on a combination of the following factors — academic merit, financial need, leadership, and community and volunteer service, with academic merit typically an important criterion.
Scholarship award amounts vary. The SASN Scholarship/Financial Aid Committee will make every effort to review applicants for all scholarships for which they may be eligible. Please note that funding is very competitive; even if you received a scholarship this year, you should complete the 2023-2024 SASN Scholarship Application. You should also complete the FAFSA.
There is a list of Frequently Asked Questions and a set of Scholarship Application hints within the scholarship portal. Any additional questions about the scholarship application may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.