Internship: Humanities Action Lab and Newark Water Coalition
Earn course credit and develop skills in:
- mutual aid organizing
- community-based storytelling
- digital media production
Work with Newark Water Coalition and Humanities Action Lab (Rutgers-Newark) to launch Newark Community Voices, a community-based media project focused on stories about mutual and environmental justice. Through workshop-style training and on-the-ground practice, interns will gain tangible experience:
- distributing vital resources to local residents through Newark Water Coalition’s mutual aid network
- conducting public outreach and developing organizing relationships in frontline communities
- collaborating with local residents to identify potential stories about the environmental challenges, material needs, and public policy priorities of Newark’s frontline communities
- creating short video documentaries (3-to-5 minutes) about the above issues for audiences in frontline communities and in collaboration with community members.
Students enrolled in the Spring 2022 internship will receive course credit and may continue on to a paid internship with Newark Water Coalition and the Humanities Action Lab in Summer 2022.
No experience in organizing or digital media production necessary! Open to students from all disciplines.
Questions? Write to Richard Anderson, HAL Public Programming and Exhibitions Manager (email@example.com).