The EcoArt Salon is a monthly gathering that is free and open to the public for those interested in EcoArt and the environment to share their projects, discuss issues, network, and collaborate together.
The EcoArt Salon is led by Alexandra Chang, Associate Professor of Practice with the Art History program at the Department of Arts, Culture and Media and Associate Director at the Clement A. Price Institute on Ethnicity, Culture, and the Modern Experience.
EcoArt Salon Committee:
- Colleen O'Neal
- Crystal Robinson
Upcoming EcoArt Salon Meeting:
Check back for more information!
Watch Past EcoArt Salon Gatherings
- April 2021 | Sensing and Reclaiming with artists Tomie Hahn and Noelle Lorraine Williams
- March 2021 | Ritual and Grief with artists Yuri Shimojo and Nocturnal Medicine
- February 2021 | The Nature of Urban Landscapes with andrea haenggi and Cesar Melgar
- December 2020 | Alternative Possibilities: Newark’s Gardens with Artist David Lee and Filmmaker Venus Chintala
- November 2020 | Collective Healing: Alexandra Chang in conversation with artists Jean Shin and Mary Ting
- October 2020 | Environmental Justice From Mountain to the Sea: A conversation with Sean Connelly and Jane Chang Mi
- September 2020 | The Landscape of Deep Time with artists Zhang Hongtu and Leah Raintree
Follow the EcoArt Salon on Facebook to stay updated on upcoming events & to watch the monthly meetings live! We also invite you to join the EcoArt Salon Facebook Group where members of the group share thoughts, opportunities, projects, exhibitions, writing, and other information about EcoArt.
The EcoArt Salon is hosted by Rutgers University-Newark Paul Robeson Galleries and sponsored by the Clement A. Price Institute on Ethnicity, Culture, and the Modern Experience.