Wednesday, March 24, 2021 marks the sixth annual Rutgers Giving Day
On Rutgers Giving Day, SASN alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends join together in a 24-hour fundraising event to give back to programs that empower students to make change in the world. Dean Jacqueline Mattis shares her reasons for giving back in this video appeal.
No gift is too small! The funds with the most donations of any size will receive additional money from the Rutgers Foundation, so even a $5 gift makes a big difference. We will be asking for your support for the following areas of need at the School of Arts & Sciences-Newark:
SASN Student Emergency Fund: Every year, the staff and faculty at Rutgers University–Newark work with students who are facing unforeseen life-changing emergencies such as accidents, illness, medical crisis, death of a primary financial caregiver, fire damage, eviction issues, homelessness, and other disruptive life events. We are committed to helping our students overcome such challenges and stay in school. With your help and generosity, we will be able to increase the emergency funds available to help these students so they can continue their studies uninterrupted.
Funds are used for programming, lectures, events, research assistance, and other areas of need at the college.
Funds are used for programming, lectures, events, research assistance, and other areas of need at the college, such as new and expanded course offerings and funding for part-time and non-traditional students to conduct and present research.
With so many SASN Funds, you can choose the cause that is most meaningful to you:
- School of Arts and Sciences-Newark (SASN) Student Emergency Fund
- Newark College of Arts and Sciences Academic Excellence Fund
- University College-Newark Academic Excellence
- Clement A. Price Institute on Ethnicity, Culture, and the Modern Experience
- Honors College-Newark Experiential Learning
- Political Science Department-Newark Experiential Learning
- Rutgers-Newark Chorus
- NEW FUND! The African American and African Studies Department is raising money to help support students participation in internships, research projects, explorations of cultural institutions, conference presentations and study abroad opportunities.
We recognize not everyone is in a position to give. You can also show your support by participating in Hourly and Daylong Giving Challenges - these challenges offer opportunities to provide additional funds for your favorite Rutgers causes. Use the hashtags #RUGivingDay and #RutgersSASN to spread the word!
Challenges will take place throughout the day and can be found on the Rutgers Giving Day website or follow along with RutgersSASN on Twitter at https://twitter.com/RutgersSASN/.