COVID-19 Immunization Requirement
In support of Rutgers’ commitment to health and safety for all members of its community, all students planning to attend in the Fall 2021 semester must present evidence of COVID-19 immunization at least 2 weeks prior to coming onto campus for any reason. You can learn more about this requirement here: Policy 10.3.14 Interim COVID-19 Immunization Record Requirement for Students
Complete vaccination documentation must be uploaded to the Rutgers Immunization Portal (NetID and password are required) at least two weeks prior to your arrival on campus, but no later than August 1, 2021. Please consult with your academic advisor or program coordinator to confirm your on-campus start date.
From taking care of an illness or injury to counseling sessions, Rutgers University-Newark has full-service health & wellness services for all our students.
The Student Health Services provides medical care, immunizations, women's health, men's health, laboratory, pharmacy, sexual assault counseling, health education and nutrition, physical fitness, and smoking cessation counseling. Learn more
The Rutgers University - Newark Counseling center is staffed by highly qualified mental health professionals who are passionate about providing an array of clinical services to our diverse student body. We are committed to helping students take care of their mental health and working through their challenges while they strive toward emotional and academic success. We offer psychological and psychiatric services, as well as a comprehensive Alcohol and Other Drug Assistance Program to all enrolled and eligible students. Our services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL. Call us at 973-353-5805 or Learn more here.
- NJ Suicide Prevention Hopeline: 855-654-6735
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741; if you would like to speak directly with a counselor of color you can text STEVE to 741741
- RUPD: To reach RUPD while on campus, dial 9-1-1
- Residence Life: A staff member will work with the appropriate university units to assist you.
WeChat Text Helpline
- An anonymous and confidential text-based helpline run by students
- Any student struggling or in need of support/resources can text 973-339-0734 to be connected to a Peer Advocate.
Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance (VPVA)
- Confidential services for any student who has experienced violence or wants to support a friend or loved one who has
- Advocacy, resources, and clinical supports available from licensed therapists providing trauma-informed care
- To schedule a virtual appointment or learn more, call 973-353-1918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your student is in crisis and you are not sure where to turn, contact the CARE Team. Submit a concern using the following link: https://tinyurl.com/RUNCARE, or by emailing email@example.com or calling 973-353-5063.
SANVELLO Digital Support
If students need help but are not ready to connect to a counselor, check out Sanvello! This self-help platform helps with emotional well-being, anytime!
It’s FREE & Confidential so access your premium content at my.rutgers.edu and click “Sanvello: Wellness @ RUN.”
pantryRUN Food Pantry
- Our food pantry provides free, healthy groceries to any student or staff who have trouble affording a healthy diet.
- Visit us in PRCC 226, Monday 1pm-4pm, Wednesday 2pm-4pm, Friday 10am-3pm
- Follow us @pantry_run for the latest news and information
Student Health Services
Student Health Services is available to answer health questions and provide excellent care, both in-person and via telemedicine.
Currently offering FREE Flu Vaccines and STD Screenings!
Call 973-353-5232 to schedule an appointment.
Golden Dome Athletic Center
The Golden Dome Athletic Center is home to our D-III athletics teams, the Scarlet Raiders.
The Golden Dome also offers intramurals and recreation facilities for all of the Rutgers University-Newark community, featuring a 7,000-square-foot fitness center, a 25-yard swimming pool, two racquetball courts, a dance/exercise studio where classes are often held, outdoor tennis courts, and the Alumni field where our teams frequently practice and hold soccer, baseball, and softball games. Learn more