GUS | Upsilon Sigma
The chapter was created to encourage student development, leadership, and academic achievement in urban studies, raising opportunities to:
- Enhance students’ experiences as well as their CVs
- Give students the chance to lead and manage the institution in the ways they see fit
- Foster an inclusive, supportive, and diverse community of GUS students
- Network with other urban studies scholars and professionals by planning and engaging in scholarly events with other academic institutions and organizations invested in advancing urban studies and/or solving urban issues
- Encourage and engage in ethical and responsible behavior
- Participate in activities that serve the public good and enhance the well-being of urban communities
The chapter is completely led and governed by students which gives them freedom to lead and manage the chapter in the ways they see fit and that would help them the most. Upsilon Sigma is intended to grow together with the Global Urban Studies program, granting students independence to participate in the cultivation of our rich and diverse scholarly community.
The eligibility criteria to become a member of the Upsilon Sigma chapter are:
- A GPA of at least 3.7 overall, and
- 2- Completion of at least 50% of the required coursework
Additionally, induction into Upsilon Sigma requires a one-time $35 fee.
“Applying for Funding: A Workshop for GUS with GradFund”. October, 29, 2020.
"Building an Online Academic Presence" with Professors Janice Gallagher and Raúl Pacheco-Vega. November 24, 2020.