Initial Registration Period
Continuing Undergraduate Students of Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N) are encouraged to seek advising prior to Fall 2022 Registration. Students are assigned registration dates and times each semester according to their degree credits earned (excluding credits in progress).
|Student Population||Registration Date||Registration Time|
|Special Populations||Thursday, March 31||begins online at 6:00am|
|105 or greater degree credits||Monday, April 4||begins online at 6:00am|
|90 or greater degree credits||Tuesday, April 5||begins online at 6:00am|
|75 or greater degree credits||Wednesday, April 6||begins online at 6:00am|
|60 or greater degree credits||Thursday, April 7||begins online at 6:00am|
|All Eligible Students||Friday, April 8||begins online at 6:00am|
Academic Advising is an opportunity to exchange information designed to help students reach their educational and career goals. Advising is a shared responsibility between an adviser and the student. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the student to make decisions about his/her life goals by creating a plan to reach those goals.
Below are ways in which you can begin to take the necessary steps to ensure you are on the right track:
- General questions and concerns can be handled through our virtual drop-ins and do not require an appointment.
- All advisors will be available on a drop-in basis during registration period.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Virtual Office Hours: March 14 - April 8 | 8:30am - 4:30pm
Registration Week Extended Hours: April 4 - April 7 | 8:30am - 6:30pm
2nd Saturday of the Month: April 9 | 8:30am - 12:30pm
- All SASN students are assigned an OAS Academic Advisor. Appointments are recommended during periods outside of add/drop. Appointments will resume December 6th.
- Schedule an appointment
SASN students looking to receive advisement on major and minor course selection should connect with their faculty advisor. Below are additional resources for undeclared students.
- Career Development Center - recommended for students who have yet to decide on a major or minor or looking for additional opportunities within their field of interest.
- Majors and Minors offered within SASN.
- Have you decided on a major or minor but need to declare? Visit the Declaring a major or minor page.