The Program in American Language Studies has been a part of Rutgers University–Newark for more than 30 years. In this time, we have taught more than 3,000 students from over 70 countries.
Our expert instructors have had years of experience teaching our diverse international students about American English and culture.
Achieve Your Goals
Some students want to study in an American college or university, others are seeking better job opportunities or plan to live in the USA. PALS is here to support you as you work to improve your academic ability in English.
Whatever your level—beginner, intermediate, or advanced—we have programs and courses specially designed to develop your listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar skills.
It's Your Choice
PALS offers a variety of programs and courses to help develop students' English language skills:
- Intensive ESL Program
- TOEFL Programs, Courses, & Workshops
- IELTS Programs, Courses, & Workshops
- Advanced Academic Program
- University Courses (for Undergraduate and Graduate Rutgers students)
- Evening & Saturday Courses
- International Graduate Student Institute
- Private Tutoring
PALS Academic Track