Honors Requirements for Distinction
To achieve Honors Distinction, students are required to complete the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Nineteen credits (19) of Honors coursework (525)
- Yearly completion of Honors Co-Curricular requirements
- Submission and presentation of an Honors Senior Thesis
Honors students completing the program will receive Honors Distinction on their official transcript. In addition, every May, we invite family and friends to attend an event celebrating our program graduates. Each student receives a certificate, scholar pin, commencement rope, and gift.
Good Standing in Honors
Every student is expected to maintain "good standing" in Honors every semester until completion of the program. A formal evaluation will be conducted every year to verify students are in accordance with the policies listed below:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required every semester.
- Letter grades for all Honors courses must be a B or higher.
All Honors students are expected to make steady progress through their Honors requirements every academic term until the completion of the program, which include efforts towards Honors College Co-Curricular requirements and maintaining a 3.0 GPA or above.
Students will receive a progress report at the end of each semester to keep them informed of their status within the program.
Honors Senior Thesis:
- All Honors College students are expected to enroll in Junior Scholars Inquiry prior to registering for the Senior Thesis Project to explore potential topics and advisors.
- All Honors College students are expected to complete all required curriculum grades and milestones for the Honors College Senior Thesis Project, as discussed with the student's Honors College and thesis advisors.
Academic Integrity and Student Code of Conduct:
All Honors College students are expected to abide by the University’s Academic Integrity Policy as listed in the University Student Code of Conduct.