To apply to either the M.S. or Ph.D. degree program in Physics (Theoretical or Applied) CLICK HERE to create a new applicant account on the Rutgers graduate admissions web page. When completing the application, please remember that our program is Applied Physics (for both Theoretical and Applied Physics) in NEWARK.
- Online application (create an account)
- $70 application fee (possibility of fee reimbursement)
- Transcripts (undergraduate and if applicable, graduate transcripts)
- 3 Recommendation Letters (for guidance on US style recommendation letters, view this example letter, and review this reference letter guideline)
- A Personal Statement
- A CV (curriculum vitae)
- GRE Test Scores (The General GRE is required; the Physics GRE is optional. GRE scores are accepted until 5 years after the exam date.)
- TOEFL or IETLS scores for applicants from countries where English is not the native language (minimum of 94 for TOEFL, 7 for IETLS). TOEFL/IELTS scores are accepted until 2 years after the exam date. INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Non-degree students use the same application process.
|Application Deadlines for US Students:||12/1 for the Spring semester; 4/1 for the Fall semester 1,2|
|Application Deadlines for non-US Students:||11/1 for the Spring semester; 3/1 for the Fall semester 1|
1 Applications are processed on a rolling basis; early applications are encouraged with a preferred submission by 1/15.
2 Late applications will be considered for students who are self supporting, i.e. require no financial assistance.
Stipends: The starting assistantship stipend for 2018-2019 is $25,959, including full health benefits, and with tuition and fees waived. Financial support is only available for full-time students in the Ph.D. program.
For further information, please visit the Rutgers University Graduate Study Admissions website.
More information for international students.
To have questions answered, contact the Physics Department Coordinator at 973-353-5250, or email@example.com