Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Three Steps to Requesting Internships for Academic Credit
- Student secures internship
- For help finding an internship, students should connect with the career development center at: careers.newark.rutgers.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rutgers-Newark reviews the internship experience to ensure that it is in alignment with national standards. There are two ways to do this:
- Option 1: Please log on to Rutgers-Newark.Joinhandhanshake.com to request that your experience (internship) be reviewed by the Career Development Center. This document provides step-by-step guidance on the process. Send the Career Development Center’s review to Professor Liss (Jesse.Liss@Rutgers.edu).
- Option 2: Create an agreement document between yourself and your internship supervisor, that document must include all of the information listed here. Have your agreement signed by you and your internship supervisor, then email it to Professor Liss (Jesse.Liss@Rutgers.Edu)
- Professor Liss reviews the internship to ensure it meets Department criteria for what is appropriate for earning credits, including: number of hours in total/per week; workload and academic assignments; relationship/connection to discipline/major; mid-term/end of term evaluations. After that, Professor Liss will provide the student with an SPN code to register for Internship for Credit.