A minor in Social Work/Social Welfare is NOT available.   

Declaring the Social Work major requires

  • Minimum GPA of 2.7
  • One completed semester at RU-N
  • Grade of C or better in a required social work class (subject: 910) taken at RU-N
  • Application with essay and Declaration of Major Form submitted to the Dept.


FACE Sheet

Applying to the Major - Word Document

Applying to the Major - Fillable Form

Declaration of Major Form

The major requirements include course work and internship.  Academic credit is NOT given for life or work experience.

See catalog and additional listing of courses and sequencing:


Curriculum Guide