Further Education: Masters of Social Work Programs
BSW graduates are eligible to apply for the Advanced Standing MSW program at any CSWE-accredited MSW program in the United States. The Advanced Standing MSW students are typically able to earn the MSW in approximately one (1) year fulltime study or two (2) years part-time study, saving time and money. Most universities allow BSW graduates up to 5 years to apply for Advanced Standing MSW program; Rutgers University MSW program has no time limit for Rutgers BSW alumni. To learn more about Rutgers MSW Advanced Standing program and apply online https://socialwork.rutgers.edu/academics/master-social-work-msw/msw-advanced-standing. The full list of CSWE-accredited MSW programs across the country is available on the CSWE website: https://www.cswe.org/accreditation/directory/?
· Link to Career Development Center: https://careers.newark.rutgers.edu/
· Jobs and paid internships available to current students and alumni: https://rutgers-newark.joinhandshake.com/login
· The National Association of Social Workers – NJ (NASW-NJ) is a great source of information, networking events, and job openings for new social workers https://naswnj.socialworkers.org/
· BSW graduates are eligible to become Certified Social Workers (CSW) with the state of New Jersey. CSW is required for most medical social work jobs. CSW application after graduation from social work program is completed online https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/sw/Pages/Certified-Social-Worker.aspx. More information regarding social work licensure & certification in New Jersey is available here: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/regulations/Chapter-44G-State-Board-of-Social-Work-Examiners.pdf
· For questions regarding careers in social work, contact Director of Field Education Lana Church, LCSW at email@example.com
New Jersey State Board of Social Work Examiners For information on licensure & certification.
National Association of Social Workers (NASW) National Professional Organization for Social Workers.
Baccalaureate Program Directors (BPD) Information regarding undergraduate social work education, as well as a number of links to social work related resources.
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) The national professional organization of undergraduate and graduate social work educators. This site has an on-line listing of all BSW and MSW programs in the U.S.
The New Social Worker Magazine The webpage for "The New Social Worker," for social work students and for recent graduates.
Mega-Sites: (Social Work Megasites providing lists of links to research and other sites)
Social Work Access Network (SWAN) Organizes links by topical areas.
Information for Practice This is the largest social work megasite in the world, and is especially comprehensive in its coverage of links to full-text documents from online journals and government reports.
NASW Job Links List of job postings by location and field of practice
Workforce New Jersey Public Information Network National job bank, which can be accessed by state, occupation, as well as field of practice.
Career Path Information on various occupations, including job listings by category and location.
Fields of Practice:
Government Sites Relevant to Social Work: