Cognitive Neuroscience Minor
Required courses (6 credits)
- 830:484 Behavioral Neuroscience (3)
- 830:411 Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience (3) OR 830:413 Neuropsychology (3)
Electives (12 credits)
- 830:327 Cognitive Development (3)
- 830:330 Psychology of Learning (3)
- 830:346 Psychology of Language (3)
- 830:410 Topics in Neuroscience (3)
- 830:411 Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience (3)*
- 830:412 Neuroscience of Decision-making (3)
- 830:413 Neuropsychology (3)*
- 830:441 Drugs and the Brain (3)
- 830:470 AI and the Brain (3)
- 830:487 Pain and Pleasure (3)
- 830:496 Emotional Brain (3)
- 830:512** Neuroimaging Methods and Theory (3)
- 730:380 Philosophy of Psychology (3)
- 730:381 Philosophy of Neuroscience (3)
- 730:472 Mind and Metaphysics (3)
- 615:322 Language Acquisition (3)
*If not used as one of the two required courses.
**Graduate course; permission of instructor required.
Students can apply a maximum of 6 research credits of Research in Neuroscience (830:495 or 112:495) toward the minor elective requirement.
Please note the following:
A Cognitive Neuroscience faculty member must review requirements for the minor and sign the Declaration of Minor form.
To earn the minor, students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 within the minor.
For Psychology majors: Only two courses that fulfill requirements for the Cognitive Neuroscience minor can also count toward the Psychology major. 830:484 Behavioral Neuroscience and one other course can count toward both the Psychology major and the Cognitive Neuroscience minor requirements. All other Psychology courses can fulfill Psychology requirements or Cognitive Neuroscience requirements but not both.
Cognitive Neuroscience Faculty
Mauricio Delgado, Ph.D.
William Graves, Ph.D.
Stephen José Hanson, Ph.D.
Barry Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Vanessa LoBue, Ph.D.
Michael Shiflett, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Tricomi, Ph.D.