Cognitive Neuroscience Minor
Required courses (6 credits)
- 830:484 Behavioral Neuroscience (3)
- 830:411 Introduction to Cognitive Neuroscience (3) OR 830:413 Neuropsychology
Electives (12 credits)
- 830:330 Psychology of Learning (3)
- 830:346 Psychology of Language (3)
- 830:409 Special topics in Psychology: Neuropsychology of Sex (3)
- 830:412 Neuroscience of Decision-making (3)
- 830:413 Neuropsychology (3)*
- 830:441 Drugs and the Brain (3)
- 830:487 Pain and Pleasure (3)
- 830:496 Emotional Brain (3)
- 830:512** Neuroimaging Methods and Theory (3)
- 730:380 Philosophy of Psychology (3)
- 730:385 Philosophy of Neuroscience (3)
- 730:472 Mind and Metaphysics (3)
- 615:322 Language Acquisition (3)
*If not used as one of the two required courses.
**Graduate course; permission of instructor required.
Students can apply a maximum of 6 research credits toward the minor elective requirement, if they are earned under the supervision of one of the Cognitive Neuroscience faculty members in either Research in Psychology (21:830:491/492) or Senior Thesis (21:830:497/499)
Please note the following:
A Cognitive Neuroscience faculty member must review requirements for the minor and sign the Declaration of Minor form.
An overall GPA of at least 3.0 is required to enroll in the minor. To earn the minor, students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 within the minor. Any course grades below C will not count toward the minor.
For Psychology majors: Courses earned toward the Cognitive Neuroscience minor will not count toward the Psychology major. The only exception to this rule is Psychology 484 (Physiological Psychology). Physiological Psych is the only course that can count toward both the Psychology major and the Cognitive Neuroscience minor requirements. A student taking Physiological Psychology can use it to fulfill the Psychology area requirement and also to fulfill the Cognitive Neuroscience requirement. All other Psychology courses can fulfill Psychology requirements or Cognitive Neuroscience requirements but not both.
Cognitive Neuroscience Faculty
Mauricio Delgado, Ph.D.
William Graves, Ph.D.
Stephen José Hanson, Ph.D.
Barry Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Vanessa LoBue, Ph.D.
Michael Shiflett, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Tricomi, Ph.D.