The Bachelor’s-Master’s Dual Degree program offers highly qualified students an opportunity to accelerate their studies. Students apply for admission in the second semester of their junior year, and if enrolled, begin graduate work in their senior year. They may take up to 12 credits of graduate courses as seniors. Graduate courses fulfill requirements in both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs during that year. At the end of their senior year, students earn the Bachelor’s degree. For the remainder of the Master’s program, they will be graduate students and will pay graduate tuition.
Who is eligible to apply
1. Current Rutgers-Newark undergraduates who have taken at least 30 credits of courses at Rutgers-Newark.
2. Undergraduate students in the second semester of their junior year.
3. All undergraduate majors. Applicants must have taken 12 credits in political science courses, at least 6 credits at the 300 level or above.
4. Students must have minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA and a 3.5 GPA in political science courses.
1. Complete the general application form found at gradstudy.rutgers.edu
2. Write a personal statement answering the following questions and upload it with the application:
Why do you want to earn a Master’s degree in Political Science?
What are your specific areas of interest, and why?
What qualifications prepare you for graduate study in political science?
3. Arrange for three references and/or letters of recommendation.
References from Rutgers-Newark Political Science faculty: If political science faculty at Rutgers-Newark are serving as references, students should supply a list of these faculty to the Graduate Director and need not solicit or upload full letters.
References from other faculty: Applicants must arrange for any recommenders outside of the Department of Political Science to write letters of recommendation. Letters can be uploaded at the Graduate Admissions website.
For Fall semester admission: May 1
For Spring semester admission: November 15
Contact Dr. Antonio Vazquez-Arroyo, Director of Graduate Studies, 714 Hill Hall, email@example.com.