About the BA-MA Program
Highly qualified Rutgers-Newark undergraduate students with a GPA of 3.2 or higher may apply for admission into the MA Program in Peace and Conflict Studies. There are a limited number of BA/MA slots, and admission is highly competitive. Applications should be filed in the second semester of junior year. There is a $65, non-refundable application fee. In the senior year, accepted students may take up to 12 graduate credits. These credits will be billed at the lower, undergraduate tuition rate, not the graduate tuition rate. Any graduate credits accumulated will count toward both the BA and MA degrees. Admitted undergraduate students must successfully complete all requirements for the Bachelor’s degree, and maintain an average of 3.2 or higher in graduate courses, to officially matriculate as a graduate student.
Admission Requirements for the BA-MA Program
Applicants will submit
- A completed application form
- An official college transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of up to 300 words, indicating areas of interest and objectives in obtaining a Master’s degree in Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Applicants under consideration may be requested to submit writing samples and/or interview.
Applications for Fall 2015 may be submitted at any time. They will be evaluated promptly when all application material is complete, and acceptance notices sent out within weeks. Our initial deadline for Fall 2015 applications is May 15, especially for foreign students. However, we may continue to evaluate applications up until July 1, as space permits.