Entry Requirements for PhD in Environmental Science
Minimum BS in any Science/Engineering Program with an environmental emphasis. There is a strict university requirement of a minimum GPA of 3.0 for entry into any graduate degree program. However, the department looks for a minimum GPA above 3.4 for entry into the PhD program.
Submission of GRE scores are optional for the PhD in Environmental Science Application.
- What are your research interests and career goals?
- What past experience makes you a good candidate for the PhD program in Environmental Science at Rutgers University Newark?
- Why would the PhD program in Environmental Science at Rutgers University be a good fit your you?
University requires the TOEFL exam for an applicant from any non-English speaking country. There are three types of this exam and the minimum scores vary depending on which exam you take. The scores are as follows:
- Computer: 213 minimum
- Paper: 550 minimum
- Internet: 94-101
How to apply:
Submit your application here. All instructions regarding the submission procedure (including uploading credentials) can be found on this page.
Make sure to apply for the Environmental Science PhD on the Newark campus. This is curriculum 26375; click here for info.
Application must include:
- All official transcripts (submission procedure describes how to transfer official transcripts to Rutgers)
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement
- CV or Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS Score if required
Submission of GRE scores is optional.
Prof. Kristina Keating
Director of Graduate Program
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Smith Hall 139, 101 Warren St, Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (973) 353-1263