Accelerated Five Year Program BA/MS in Global Affairs
The BA/MS Dual Degree program offers highly qualified students an opportunity to accelerate their studies. Students apply for admission in the second semester of their junior year, and if enrolled, begin graduate work in their senior year. They may take up to 12 credits of graduate courses as seniors. Graduate courses fulfill requirements in both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs during that year. At the end of their senior year, students earn the Bachelor’s degree. For the remainder of the Master’s program, they will be graduate students and will pay graduate tuition.
Who is eligible to apply
1. Current Rutgers-Newark undergraduates who have taken at least 30 credits of courses at Rutgers-Newark.
2. Undergraduate students in the second semester of their junior year.
3. All undergraduate majors. Make sure to check with your major advisor that Global Affairs courses count toward your major. Applicants must have taken 12 credits in the following fields: Political Science, Economics, History, Social Work, Public Affairs, Anthropology, Journalism and Media Studies, Philosophy, and Women and Gender Studies and at least 6 credits at the 300 level or above.
4. Students must have minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA and a 3.5 GPA in their major courses.
1. Complete the general application form found at gradstudy.rutgers.edu
2. Write a personal statement answering the following questions and upload it with the application:
- Why do you want to earn a Master’s degree in Global Affairs?
- What are your specific areas of interest, and why?
- What qualifications prepare you for graduate study in Global Affairs?
3. Arrange for three letters of recommendation.
For Fall semester admission: May 1
For Spring semester admission: November 15
Contact Dr. Julia Schwenkenberg, Director of Global Affairs, email@example.com