Meadowlands Environmnetal Research Institute - EE - EC1A
Research Interests: Emerging contaminants monitoring and their possible degradation or transportation process in the environment
Graduate Advisor: Dr. Yuan Gao
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, Arizona State University, 2009, (Overall GPA 4.0/4.0);
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, Tongji University, 2007, (Overall GPA 3.7/4.0);
- B.S. with Honor (top 1%), Environmental Engineering, Nanjing Tech University (previously Nanjing University of Technology), 2004, (Overall GPA 3.9/4.0).
1. F. Artigas, J. Loh, J. Shin, J. Grzyb and Y. Yao*. Baseline and distribution of organic pollutants and heavy metals in tidal creek sediments after Hurricane Sandy in the Meadowlands of New Jersey. Environmental Earth Science, 2017 (76):293. DOI 10.1007/s12665-017-6604-y.
2. W. Zhang, Y. Yao. Influences of Primary Particle Size, Concentration, Ionic Species, and Aggregation States on Transport Efficiency in Single Particle-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Metal-based Nanoparticles. International Journal of Nanoparticles and Nanotechnology. 2015.
3. Y. Li, W. Zhang, K. Li, Y. Yao, J. Niu, and Y. Chen. Oxidative Dissolution of Polymer-Coated CdSe/ZnS Quantum Dots under UV Irradiation: Mechanisms and Kinetics. Environmental Pollution, 2012, 164: 259–266.
4. J. Geisler-Lee, Q. Wang, Y. Yao, W. Zhang, M. Geisler, K. Li, Y. Huang, Y. Chen, A. Kolmakov, X. Ma. Phytotoxicity, Accumulation and Transport of Silver Nanoparticles by Arabidopsis thaliana. Nanotoxicology. 2012, DOI: 10.3109/17435390.2012.658094.
5. W. Zhang, Y. Yao, N. Sullivan, Y. Chen. Modeling the primary size effects of citrate-coated silver nanoparticles on their ion release kinetics. Environmental Science and Technology, 2011, 45 (10), 4422–4428.
6. W. Zhang, Y. Yao, and Y. Chen. Imaging and Quantifying the Morphology and Nanoelectric Properties of Soluble Quantum Dot Nanoparticles Interacting with DNA. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2011, 115(3):599-606.
7. W. Zhang, Y. Yao, K. Li, Y. Huang, Y. Chen. Influence of dissolved oxygen on aggregation kinetics of citrate-coated silver nanoparticles. Environmental pollution. 2011, 159 (12): Pages 3757–3762.
8. M. Ziv-El, A. G. Delgado, Y. Yao, K. Muto, D. Kang, R. U. Halden, R. Krajmalnik-Brown. Development and characterization of DehaloR^2, a novel anaerobic microbial consortium performing rapid dechlorination of TCE to ethene. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2011, 92 (5): 1063-1071.
9. Y. Yao, YG Chen, Min Ma, GW Gu. Long-term and short-term effects of propionic/acetic acid ratios on metabolism of glycogen-accumulating organisms. Chinese Journal of Environmental Science. 2007, 28(9):1970-1974.