Our research concentrates on experimental studies of photoinduced charge and electronic excitation transfer processes, their relevance to solar energy conversion and to the design of molecular electronic devices. We use a mixture of time-resolved spectroscopy, synthesis and computation to study:
- electron and excitation transfer in host-guest supramolecular assemblies (hemicarceplexes)
- the interplay between intramolecular electron transfer and ionic relaxation in non-aqueous solutions of electrolytes
- the role of molecular orbital symmetry symmetry in determining the donor-acceptor energy transfer in spirobifluorenes
- ultrafast charge injection at molecule-nanoparticle interfaces
- photoisomerization dynamics of olefins with rigid chromophores.
Ph.D. University of Chicago (1988)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Argonne National Laboratory